Undefeated Spirit Youth Mentoring Program
The Greater Toledo Area
- Academic and the necessary requirements and benefits of Education
- Life Skills Education.
The Characteristics of The Undefeated Spirit
Chuck Ealey’s mother, Earline Ealey, lived everyday of her life with an Undefeated Spirit. While surrounded by the racial tension of the 1950’s and 60’s and poor economic conditions in Portsmouth, OH Earline raised her son Chuck to focus on the possibilities and look beyond all of the negativity. This Undefeated Spirit was nurtured in Chuck by family, friends, teachers and coaches.
Today Chuck Ealey defines the characteristics of an Undefeated Spirit in these simple terms:
- No Negativity
- Integrating video clips into Junior High and High School history classrooms with a focus on the Civil Rights Movement
- Applying pre and post-video instructional materials for learning evaluation
- Promoting discussion-based activities and resources for further exploration
- Creating opportunities for student reflection and dialogue via online discussion tools